Green roofs and green walls in mortal danger
Treat your living roof, wall or roof garden to a free health check today.
The Coronavirus lockdown, coupled record-breaking extreme weather has made 2020 and 2021 stressful years for the UK’s living roofs, living walls and roof-top gardens, leaving many in an unhealthy, perhaps critical condition, as we head into winter.
Why 2020 and 2021 have been such bad news for living roofs, walls and roof gardens:
- The lockdown grounded the maintenance crews that look after green roofs and walls for months.
- Living roofs and walls had to endure the sunniest May on record in the UK.
- In July temperatures hit a maximum temperature of 37.8°C on 31st July (third hottest UK day in history).
- A sweltering period in August saw top temperatures exceeded 34°C for a record-breaking six days.
- At the other extreme there were period of excess rain and storms causing flooding in many parts of the UK. June rainfall was 44% above average and August, helped by Storm Francis, 35% above average.
- On 3rd October the UK experienced its wettest 24-hour period in history.
After a year like that it is essential that living roofs and walls have a health check before winter sets in.
For the next 6 weeks the experts the UK’s first and only Green Doctor Service will offer a free living roof health check, living wall health check, podium or roof garden health check.
The Green Doctor team will deal with enquiries on a first come, first served basis. We expect high demand for these services, if so, we will prioritise the more serious cases and reserve the right to close the service to new enquiries.
The P&P Green Doctor Service is built on Pritchard & Pritchard’s unrivalled experience in green infrastructure:
- P&P’s living roof experts have been building, maintaining and restoring all types of living roofs to the highest UK and European standards since 2004. They are experienced in all aspects of living roof waterproofing, irrigation, drainage, repair, maintenance and restoration and they are fully trained and qualified to work safely at height. See P&P’s portfolio of case studies.
- P & P’s living wall experts have been building, maintaining and restoring green walls and green façades of the highest quality since 2009. They are experienced in all aspects of living wall waterproofing, irrigation, drainage, repair, maintenance and restoration and they are fully trained and qualified to work safely at height. P&P’s recent case studies include the living walls at Westfield and Cheshire Oaks.
- P & P is also a full-service infrastructure provider of podium and rooftop gardens. P&P was the infrastructure provider/installer for the multi-award-winning Barbican Beech Gardens redevelopment and other iconic developments.
For a limited period, on a first-come-first-served basis P&P’s Green Doctors will offer a free living roof health check, living wall health check, podium or roof garden health check. Initially this consultation will occur by phone and email, followed up, if necessary, by an onsite visit. The P&P Green Doctors will assess the areas of concern and diagnose a treatment, including a recommended maintenance or restoration plan, as required. This offer is available until 20th December 2020.